The works

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Would you rather

Have you ever played that game, "Would you rather...?" What if you were posed with, would you rather witness the earth at its creation, or destruction?
    For me it's no contest. I'd rather witness the Earth's destruction in all of its fireworks and majesty. Can you picture it? Witnessing the first light and the entire Earth in smoldering majesty? And to see evolution fast-forwarded and see all life snuffed out like so many candles before a tempest. I'm guessing, of course, that somehow humans will end all life, and the earth just then spirals itself into a wasteland. But maybe I'd get to see volcanic activity forming and shaping the earth,  glowing in an unimaginable molten red. Wouldn't that be something? To watch the planet go from red  to blue and all green completely gone, replaced by black ashes and a dry, cracked surface. But what am I saying? It wouldn't be complete without an explosion to start it all.

1 comment:

Fathom me this: