The works

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Weary Servant

Leave home weary servant
you have a new master now
no longer will you milk cows
no longer in the fields work

Your job is much different
but in essence the same
not to cure sick or lame
but to labor among others

You have helpers on this quest
to give good news to everyone
to help them see the rising sun
so that it touches their dark hearts

Your new master you know
is the bright Morning Star
whose light will travel far
through you, weary servant

A few things: In the fifth grade, I received a hardback Wonder Woman journal. It's amazing. I tried keeping it as a journal, but only did that for so long. Then I wrote poetry in it. For those who have known me for a while, know that I like rhyming, and this journal was no exception. Unfortunately. But there's something else. When I was younger, I of course knew it was good to pray, but I understandably wasn't always interested in being inert. Thus, sometimes I would simply draw pictures or write poems instead. Most of the rhymes in this journal are from the heart, a form of my prayer, a result from thinking about God and Christ, but some are so...cheesy that I will never feel comfortable showing them to other people. Even some of the journal entries... why in the heck was I such a melodramatic grade schooler?

Oh well, don't expect too much personal divulging on this blog. I just thought I'd share something I wrote a long time ago (circa seventh grade).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fathom me this: