The works

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Talk to me, he said.
I told him nothing was wrong
He was silent.
I failed my test. I’m dissatisfied with myself.
He waited for me.
I competed poorly. I’m disappointed in myself.
He remained patient.
My efforts were fruitless. I’m angry with myself.
Talk to me, he said.  
I’ve sinned. My God, I’ve sinned.
My love, then sin no more. There is healing in myself.




I don't think my poem does the talk any justice, but it was inspired by something Sister Miriam James said while she was in Bellingham for Faith on Fire. It was along the lines that Jesus didn't come to save us from our personal failures, from lost games and jobs, but to save us from sin. And, I thought that was beautiful and provides perspective on what our priorities should be. She also said something that I've been thinking for a long time, something the world will probably never acknowledge: suffering is not the worst thing, sin is. 


Anyway, I don't know who all reads my blog, but please consider watching this:


1 comment:

  1. I haven't had time to watch the video yet, but I really, really enjoy this. I definitely forget that suffering is not the worse thing, and I think this will really help me.

    Also, your poem is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Fathom me this: